Saturday, March 7, 2015

So I decided to start a new blog...

So I decided to start a new blog...

With Ruby being here our lives have taken off in a somewhat different direction. Children will do that, huh?

With this blog there are so many things that I want to share. Raising Ruby, graduating law school, taking the bar, being an attorney and a mother and a wife, adoption, family, God... the list goes on. I also just like to write. It is fun for me. It helps me reflect and process. Plus I need a break from all the legal writing mumbo jumbo every once in awhile.

And I like the nitty-gritty. The raw. The emotions.

Here's a picture of Ruby just because I KNOW you all love seeing my little baby as much as I do...

I took this picture this morning as I was emptying the dishwasher. My friend Jacky recommended that I start putting her in her high chair so that she starts getting used to it before we bombard her with new foods (mom-point for Jacky!)

Ruby update:
  • Ruby is now 5 and a half months old. 
  • She has been exclusively fed breastmilk so far. 
  • Last time we checked she is in the 50th percentile (which is surprising since Jon is a giant and I am an amazon woman... but everyone assures us that she will grow. If she doesn't grow to be a giant like us, it's okay... we like short people too)
  • Ruby is sitting up unassisted. But if she leans she will fall over.
  • She loves smiling, and let's out giggles here and there, but I am desperately waiting for her to let out a good long laugh. I'm not very funny... so it could be awhile for this to happen.
  • She still gets up every 2-4 hours during the night to breastfeed. I'm like a walker from The Walking Dead... so no judgy when you see me and I haven't showered in days and am wearing the same sweats I wore the day before. Hey. I'm trying.
  • Ruby is now mumbling "baba" "papa" and her favorite word... "mama"... she also has this like grunt thing going on when she's hungry. She's like a ravenous little pig or something. I told her this morning that those noises were not very becoming for a young lady. She ignored me and kept doing it (and they told me the attitude wouldn't start till she was a teenager... psh)
  • She doesn't really have a schedule. She sleeps, eats, and plays whenever she wants. I know this is probably not the BEST way of doing things... but she's happy and right now it works for us.
  • Ruby is really starting to love her toys. This is good thing because we already have a million 
I think that's it for now. I'm going to post my birth story on here later on... so viewers beware!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment